Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Another Day in Paradise

Indiana Jones is the "person" who uttered those quotes in "Raiders of the Lost Arc".

Anyway, it is another day in paradise...all sarcasm aside (for a few seconds only). Time to keep moving foward. since it is my wonderful wife Loretta's day off, we will begin painting the living room today as I promised. We have been adding actual colors to our walls in this house (5 years now), and the living room will be a kind of mauve on two walls and a lighter version on two walls and the hallway. But first, a few moments to post my New Years resolutions. Here they are in no particular order of priority...the Big 10:
1) Tolerance - Be a lot more tolerant of everything that bothers me (a list forthcoming of these items when I have a few days to sit and write continuously).
2) Appreciation - I will appreciate everything I have right now more (wife, family, home, kids, dogs,myself).
3) Passions - I will pursue my passions without guilt and with a renewed vigor (my new business, cooking, Harley riding, writing).
4) I will finish an old short story I started several years ago.
5) I will start 2 books (a novel and a humorous collection of anecdotes about the restaurant business/service industry).
6) I will continue my new plan to lose weight and exercise (actually started a month ago, I really lost 10 pounds in December!).
7) I will further my attempts to have regular contact with my siblings and parents (email, vmail, and in person). I have two sisters who live near my parents 200 miles away.
8) Financial - I will make more money this year than last (to include paying off all my credit card debt).
9) Philathropy - I will pay forward more this year than last.
10) Serenity Now!

That's it. The Big 10...to be printed and posted in a conspicuous place. The list may be added to at any time. Goals may be adjusted and restated on a daily basis. The deadlines will be kept private, but there are deadlines for these...that is important.

Since Lowes opens at 7 am, that's all for now.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home