Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, March 18, 2005

The Money Tree

Pachira 1

Also called the pachira. it is supposed to bring good luck.

We have had it a few years now. It lives in a pot on the back of my toilet, just under a small window with afternoon sun.

I stare at it every time I take a leak. Yesterday, I thought I would take a picture of it, acknowledge its existence so to speak. Maybe this would spark up its powers a little, start bringing us good luck.

I truly believe in luck. I'm just not really sure there is anything one can do to influence it.

Maybe luck isn't the right word for me. Let's call it chance. And if there is a 50/50 chance of something happening by choice, I am wrong at least 75% of the time in my life. True. Here is an example: When I go to plug something in, I have to turn the plug over more than half the time to get it to go in. You see?

I suppose then you could say that I am not unlucky...just living against the odds of chance.

I'll keep watering that money tree.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

If it starts sprouting fives and tens, give me a call!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Tati said...

I don't know...it looks an awful lot like a young avocado tree to me ;-)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, if it starts sprouting avocados, give me a call!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Burninghair said...

I love the photo...

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home