Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Monday, October 10, 2005

the purple berries...

white berries

As I strolled along the crushed bark-covered path paralleling the Samammish River park in Seattle, I noticed these little white berries growing just outside the fence. It is a deeply wooded section of a wonderful leash-free dog park at the facility...very surreal.

Although these berries were white, I couldn't help from being reminded of the Crosby, Stills, and Nash song called The Wooden Ships. It's a song about two people meeting each other in the forest, presumebly shortly after some sort of holocaust. "Say can I have some of your purple berries...?" "Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once..." "Probably keep us both alive".

The song goes on..."Wooden ships on the water very free...and easy..." My take on the song was how we may not really be free until we lose everything (a holocaust). Maybe so.

Whether it be from a biblical event or manmade from one of the insidiously insane paths we are taking at this point...let's hope we can still find the berries...purple ones. And each other!

1 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

Thanks 4 bringing that song to mind! It's been awhile since I've heard it!
:)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home