Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, May 05, 2006

reflectivity


Reflect.

Reflections.

Reflecting.

Reflectivity.

Obsessing with the past?

I don't think so. I am one who tends to "reflect" on the past a lot.

Reflecting can be a cleansing exercise for some...a stifling exercise in futility to others. Herein lies the obsession part. Whether some people know it or not, thinking about the past too much is what limits them from moving on...in relationships or business. It is what can keep them from thinking outside their box, or accepting new ideas, or finding a new mate.

I relish a good reflecting session, often times the so-called daydream. Truthfully though, my daydreams are more often futurecasts of where I need to go or where I would rather be. Ah huh! Futurecasting...another productive exercise or the evil twin of obsessive reflectivity? The latter tends to stifle my here-and-now energy, my productivity, my ability to complete on-going tasks if you will.

My own personal challenge: use this "talent" for futurecasting as the useful tool that it can be...and not let it mire my steps into non-movement and depression.

Don't forget...a reflection is not a realistic view of one's self. It is another dimension altogether. It is indeed your reflective twin with everything visually reversed, flip-flopped, opposite.

If you want to see what it looks like to be a left handed person (assuming you are a righty at the present)...just jot something down on the bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker.

No wonder I rarely complete those mirror reminder notes! I didn't really write them...my left-handed twin from the other dimension did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home