Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Devotion

The waiting game...

As anyone knows who owns a dog, they are devoted creatures. Two of our devotees,
Sparky & Lucy, will sit for hours in this position waiting for Loretta to return home. They are cognizant of the reason she has left the house, ie, work versus and errand. It must be related to their olfactory senses (more perfufme and hairspray on a work day exit)...or maybe they are going on a visual clue: work clothes versus sweats?

In any case, they will pine away the hours in this position at the front door until she returns.

The third member of the "pack" (Sammy the Greyhound) is just as enthusiastic with Loretta's return, but never wastes time staring at the door. It must be a remnant of his former life as a racer. They spend 22 hours a day in a 3 x 5 crate (stacked two high) waiting for feeding times and the inevitable call to the track once in a while.

And Sparky & Lucy? I refer to it as "pathetic"...Loretta just thinks it is cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Burninghair said...

My George knows what time I should be home… and is waiting. If I stay out later… he will check out the window every couple of minutes. He does know the difference between work vs. errand… but my welcome home greeting never changes.

Sometimes, I try to sneak in the house and I’ll hide around a corner. George always knows that someone came home… then he runs around the house sniffing and looking for me, until I leap out shouting “George!!!!” He’ll charge at me, leap in the air and his excitement level goes way up…

1:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ahh, that's so sweet! Sierra knows when we are leaving ... and not taking her with us. She'll just go lay in her crate and pout. But when we return? It's like she hasn't seen us in weeks! Love that devotion! Don't always get that from humans!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home