Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

It's just farmland...

canal at sunset

I just had the opportunity to look through some photography site bookmarks. When I find an interesting photographer, I bookmark the page...then (maybe) go back and peruse the pics. Honestly, I was looking at the websites themselves, trying to get some ideas for the one I am working on...didn't really see anything too exciting. Besides, it seems I really am a minimalist when it comes to design...less is better nowadays for my taste.

I remember years ago when I was in radio, I read a a little story about Duke Ellington. He played the piano while leading his legendary big band...but he never really played much. His was more of a "tinkling" than anything else...one or two notes, here and there. His theory was simple, "Less is better...I play economically...keeps 'em guessing".

Anyway, while looking at these photo sites, I was getting a little envious (again) of some people who were able to go on photographic safaris to Australia, England, Spain, Thailand. But the funny thing was, so much of the shots posted showed nothing indicative of that particular part of the world. In other words, there were a lot of closeups of rocks, and trees, bushes, and rivers. Cool...but they could have stayed home for that...and saved a bunch of money!

Hence, my recent photo of the irrigation canal about two blocks behind our neighborhood. I think it cost me $.25 in gas and 10 minutes of my time. I suppose I could have flagged the photo with: "Austrian Farmland at Sunset"...nah.

I'd still like to go to Thailand and Australia though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home