Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Brainstorm #1017

Every once in a while I have a brainstorm. Wait. That's not an accurate statement. Every few minutes I have a brainstorm. Brainstorm #1017 is the one thousand and seventeenth brainstorm this year...not in my lifetime!

Not to be confused with brainfarts, brainstorms are ideas that pop into my head for making money. Keeping track of my brainfarts would be a senseless, if not impossible, undertaking. Oh, what is a brainfart you ask? As one gets up there in years, one's brainfarts become more and more frequent. Here's an example, "Why the f**k did I walk into the kitchen?". You with me?

Back to Brainstorm #1017. While playing around with my photo editing program the other day, I fiddled with a few of my recent food-styling photos. Actually, I was somewhat disappointed in the results of some recent food shots I attempted, they just didn't come out as I expected. But after a few keystrokes in Photoshop...voila! Pop Kitchen Art! Doesn't this shit look like something they might sell at BB&B, or Target, or Walmart? Hey...colors are back in style. So are photographs for home decor.

So now, just like the proverbial tree in the forest, here is my latest brainstorm for making a fortune. Well maybe not a fortune, but some sort of cash return. I'll even sign and number each one of the prints...what the hell!

My hard drive is filled to the brim with mediocre photographs of almost everything. Colorful images that would lend themselves well to this format.

Hey, how about calendars with this stuff on it?

Fruits, vegetables, pies, cakes, hot dogs, salads, jars of pickles...even kitchen appliances. This could be akin to the old Peter Max or Andy Warhol pop art from the 60's.

Yes, the photos are my originals...copyright Skip Hansen Photography. The name Pop Kitchen Art! has now been officially published, right here on blogspot!

If you're interested in helping market something like this, drop me a line. I am open to suggestions. If you think it is a stupid idea and more of brainfart than a brainstorm...keep it to yourself...I have enough self-esteem issues at this point in my life!

If you'd like to purchase a print similar to these, let me know. I will send you a link to my website where they will be published and available for sale. Get in on it while they are cheap. Once I sell the idea to Target...I'll be out of the sales picture for good...at least on this brainstorm.

"If I only had a brain!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home