Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jenifer


Shortly after midnight on October 13th 1979, Jenifer was born in San Luis Obispo General Hospital.

It wasn't long after that moment I realized what a lucky person I was.

Yes, my first child had just been born...a daughter. But I realized that my life and future had changed.

No matter what else I would experience in my life, I would always be a father to this little girl.

I remember my very first feelings that early Fall morning. They were feelings of pride...an emotion that I strongly feel to this day, twenty seven years later.

Jenifer has grown up into an independent, strong-willed, young lady.

And even though we have been through many a rough road in these twenty seven years, we have always remained close. Geographically, we have a few miles between us. Emotionally, she is still that little baby in my arms, wrapped in a new-born's hospital blanket.

The feeling of pride I experienced on that early Fall morning is still there. I only hope she has half the love for me that I have for her.

Jen...you know that I will always be "right here".

Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hey Dad! You realize it's only October 10, right? Ah well, nice surprise to see an early birthday wish up on your blog. Very sweet story, you made me well up a bit here at work. I love you, too. Thank you!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home