Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

If you liked the Police version...


...then give John Mayer's version of Message in a Bottle a try. johnmayer

My daughter Jenifer and I don't often agree on choice of music. After all, she is 25 and I am old. We do mutually enjoy a lot of old school stuff, as well as a lot of old old school music. Don't forget, she took a Beatles class in her senior year in college.

A lot of the current music scene is a little obscure to me. We were at a friend's house watching the grammy 'red carpet' show on E! the other night waiting for Star Jones to have a wardrobe malfunction with that nasty outfit she was wearing. The teenagers in the room offered a running commentary of their own regarding who was cool and who wasn't cool (musically and fashionwise), much more entertaining than the interviews on the tube.

I must tell you, as each year goes by, the grammies offer less and less to us in the "I hope so and so wins department" and more in the "Who the hell is that?" department. The 15 minutes of Fame rule has been whittled down to about 11 1/2 minutes I think.

The winner for us in the "Who the hell is that?" category is Hoobastank. Evidently they won something last year and were presenting something this year. For those of us grossly unitiated to the current pop music scne, Hoobastank is a musical group. I just sampled a few of their songs on iTunes and, surprising enough, some of their music didn't totally 'stank'!

Back to the top. Jenifer and I do agree on John Mayer. End of story!

Give him a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home