Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

James R. Hansen III...24 years old today.

Jimmy at Oceano sunset

My son, Jimmy (James R. Hansen III) was born in Twin Falls, Idaho 24 years ago today.

It was an all afternoon, all night thing...my wife went into the hospital around 2:00 pm (her water broke at home) and Jimmy was born around 4:00 am after many hours of induced labor.

I remember it was raining and cold and I was sick as a dog. The nursing staff at Twin Falls General (I think that was the name of this archaic institution) was right out of the 1800's. All fat, old battleaxes with absolutely no bedside manners whatsoever. We were very happy to get out of there and back home.

Jimmy is one of the three most important loves of my life (not counting my mom of course). He is a great kid, much smarter and much better looking than I ever was. He lives on the Central Coast of California. We just saw him last week and went out to dinner with Loretta and my mom.

Happy Birthday son...enjoy your youth (and your hair) while you have it...the years will start to go faster and faster...as will your hair.

You're a great kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home