Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Somewhere...over the drug dealers house...

We had a few days of spotty rain recently. It didn't really come come down in signigicant amounts around our parts here in Salida. Farther north in the Sacramento area it rained a bit harder. The nearby mountains are getting some serious snow. And, it's been really, really cold!

The photo above kind of marked the end of the series of storm systems we experienced. Late in the afternoon Monday, Loretta noted that bright sun was shining through our west-facing back windows, and...it was raining. "Hey", I chirped in anticipation, "there is probably a rainbow out front (the east side of our house)". I started feverishly digging into my camera bag in hopes of finding the Canon 20D all lensed up and loaded with a memory card ready to shoot. "Ureka!", I exclaimed with exhuberance, "I'm gonna get a couple of rainbow photos this time".

Meanwhile, Loretta reminded me of what has happened in similar times past when I got excited about taking photos of a quickly passing event. "Be careful, honey", she suggested in her most caring motherly advice, "Don't hurt yourself. You know what can happen when you get excited about these things". This concern from her fell on deaf ears as I was already in the front yard...camera to the ready and pointed at the rainbow.

Nothing traumatic happened to me (this time) in my zeal to get an image recorded.

Indeed, there was a rainbow spanning the neighborhood. A full rainbow arcing over all the tract homes on San Martin Drive...stretched across a cloudy, and sunny at the same time, Fall afternoon sky. It was a nice rainbow and I got a few photos. Of course, being the negative fellow that I am, I complained, "This would really be nice if I was out in the countryside with some sort of natural foreground instead of three bedroom houses, a beat up Corvette with the back window broken out, and an aqua-colored plastic utility box in the yard!" But, you get the shots when and where you can.

I was truly tempted get in the car to try and find either end of that rainbow...looking for a pot of gold. But even I know that is impossible...finding the end of a rainbow...and, finding a pot of gold there. In some other person's perspective of the rainbow, the end was right on my house. So, I was already at "the end of the rainbow".

Besides, from my angle, the end of that rainbow was on our drug-dealer neighbor's house across the street. I'm reasonably sure there is no pot-o-gold over there...though, you never know. So, I got some rainbow shots. And more importantly...I didn't injure myself in any way. Success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home