Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, January 07, 2005

What's going on inside their heads?

Do dogs think? Do dogs have a soul? I know they desire. I know they pout. I know they get angry. I know dogs can be pensive. I know they have "down days". I know they anticipate. I know they feel pain. I know they feel remorseful. I know dogs are very perceptive. Don't they react when you are feeling low? I know that they know when they screw up. When your dog looks at you, where does he look? He looks into your eyes (OK, unless of course you are holding a T-Bone Steak!). What is he looking for as he stares into your eyes? Is he reading your soul? Dogs are very naughty at times. With a Dauschund, a Boxer, and a Greyhound (all couch potatoes 95% of the day), their "play" can sometimes cause minor structural damage (I recently replaced some plaster on a corner in the living room). When we yell at them, they don't run away...they just stand there and lower their heads and look up at us! "We're sorry...really...but, we're just dogs". And you know what...they are just dogs. And, yes...they do think, and they do have souls. A being cannot look at you like Sparky is in that picture and, well...you be the judge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Panthergirl said...

Your daughter directed me to your blog, because I too have a retired racing greyhound. Check him out at my blog. :)

So I see you went to school with Bullwinkle, eh?

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home