Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The 912 Project



My "new" 1969 Porsche 912 is the car project I have been planning for a long time.

Toying with ideas that ranged from a late 60's GTO to (another) MGA to a Porsche...I settled on the latter.

This one was purchased by me in Portland a few weeks ago...I flew up there and drove it back to Modesto (solo, 651 miles in two days)...breaking down only once due to a dead battery!

So, this blog will be semi-dedicated to the progress of this task: restoring a '69 Porsche 912. For the uninitiated, the 912 has a 4 - cylinder, dual carburetor engine...no computers, no fuel injection, etc...all things that I can actually attempt to work on. It runs well now, so my focus will be on a lot of cosmetic and minor functionality issues (electrical stuff).

The game is afoot...onward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home