Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, March 03, 2006

"God knows that I love my music...!

My Music!

My daughter Jenifer has been into music since she was a baby. In fact, I truly believe she was influenced by music while still in her mother’s womb. Let’s see...she was born in late 1979, so her mother and I were listening to songs by The Beatles, Boston, Loggins and Messina, Billy Joel, Little River Band, The Doobie Brothers...I could go on and on. We were both radio disc jockeys as well, so the music was going non-stop for most of the day (and night). Jen was inundated fetally (is that a word?) from the git-go. On Jen's blog you will find music-based entries almost on a daily basis. For the most part, her interests vary as much as mine do. ‘Coldplay’ has been a favorite of hers for several years, but she usually lists the Beatles as her all-time most favorite group. At 25 years of age, stating that a group from the 60’s is your favorite is quite a statement to her maturity I think. She also likes The Doors, The Stones, and a few other mega acts from that era. On her list you’ll also find Foreigner, The Doobie Brothers, Santana, and many others from the 70’s and 80’s...groups that reside on my list as well.

My musical background (the short version) is as follows: Several years of accordian lessons at a very young age (my Mom envisioned me as the next Lawrence Welk), guitar since I was 12, and drums since I was 15. Like I said, that’s the short version and I won’t elaborate on my levels of accomplishment at this point...but I will say this...I stink!

Below is a list of my favorite groups/artists. Other than the Beatles being number one, in no particular order. I will do another blog entry with my favorite songs (a much harder list to compile) at a later date. The criteria for my favorite groups: they must have had at least 5 big songs, thus eliminating ‘One Hit Wonders’, some of which will appear in my favorite songs list later. And, I must listen to them on a regular basic, often singing along with and/or playing Air Guitar or Air Drums to. With over 4000 songs on my iTunes/iPod program, it’s a tough call editing them down to a list even this size. Here goes:

The Beatles The Doobie Brothers Little River Band The Rippingtons Phil Collins Santana Eric Clapton Steely Dan Loggins & Messina Poco James Taylor Jackson Browne The Eagles The Carpenters Foreigner Chicago CSN America The Beach Boys The Doors Boston Creedence Three Dog Night.

Being afflicted with C.R.S., I may have forgotten 10 or 12...or 20!

Peace...Love...(Drugs)...Music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Actually, I'm 26 now! And I agree on your music choices, for the most part! It is a big part of my life! And I thank you for instilling in me that passion!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home