Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Monday, December 05, 2005

The 912 Project - found my nuts


After a couple of weeks of working funky hours and not feeling up to par and riding the Harley to Pismo, I finally dove into some shit on the 912: removing the front bumper.

I had been stewing over how to get the thing off. I couldn't find another bracket or set of bolts other than the two small ones in each wheel well. Well...I finally took a chance and removed the two bolts on each side of inside, front section of the spare well...well, the bumper then fell off onto my foot. Fortunately, it's not too awful heavy, so the swear words were minimal.



Also, unfortunately, inside the spare well I found some more rust...not real bad, but rust nonetheless. Anyway, those two holes in the center of picture are where the other bolts come through holding the bumper...voila...dilemma no. 97 solved.

I wrestled with the new trim for a while then gave up for happy hour and dinner until tomorrow.

Hopefully, I can complete the trim install tomorrow and post a couple more pictures in progress as well as the final result: the bumper re-installed. Of course, it will all have to be removed again sometime in the future for the paint job. But, at least now I know how to do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home