Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, November 18, 2005

The 912 Project...good, bad, and ugleeee!












When I purchased the car in Portland, it was running relatively well (afterall, I made it back to Modesto!), so...I am concentrating on the interior and other cosmetic things. The perlon carpet was all tore up, damp, and mildewy (it stinks!) . The seats were all torn also.

As of this date, I have removed a lot of the carpet and purchased a new perlon kit. I also bought a self-upholtery kit and and am re-doing the seats myself. Somewhere down the line, I plan on buying a couple of Recaros...for now, it will be respectable to drive when I finish. As you can see, I did the passenger side and am now working on the driver seat. The frames and structures are OK, but need a lot of cleaning up and re-painting of the metal. I will remove the seats again later to install the carpet and repair some of the hardware...gotta keep it driveable you know. The dash elements are also being done at the same time, I bought a nifty dash cap kit that will cover the old one (among other things).

One thing at a time. My goal is to do something, however small, ever day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home