Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

The 912 project - don't feel overwhelmed Skip!


As I continue to (try to) punch out at least one improvement per day on the 912, that old feeling is beginning to well over me again: what was I thinking? In other words, its' that all-consuming feeling that I have too much work to do on this thing and how am I ever going to finish it?

After going back to the internet (on a daily basis) to look at some of the 912 projects other people are working on (or have completed), I have to keep telling myself, "Baby steps, Skip, baby steps". Afterall, I took out the driver seat Friday...removed all the old upholstery on it Saturday...and today, Sunday morning, I wrestled the bottom seat upholtery kit on and have begun the gluing process. This will have to dry for a while before moving on to the finish work...I'm riding the Harley to Pismo tomorrow morning anyway for 3 days to help my mom move. Forget about it for the time being dummy!

I am posting another "before" picture of the seats as they were when I bought the car to help inspire me. The next photos of the interior will slap me back to reality...and motivate me to go to the next item of the punch list (which I haven't quite decided on yet).

Oh yea, I did figure out the horn (or lack thereof) problem yesterday. I found that the original horn was still installed under the front bumper and very operational (after purchasing a new VW horn on eBay). Then I plugged in the wire that had been disconnected, fiddled the new Momo wheel and horn button back on, connected the horn wires and voila...I was honking!

One small step for Skip...one large step for...oh, nevermind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home