Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The 912 Project - a small indulgence


Actually, just one of the small indulgences I have allowed myself on this project (aside from the actual car purchase itself, of course): A Momo steering wheel.

I got it used on eBay from a guy who purchased it for his Mercedes. Now, the dash will have to live up to this "accessory". The original wheel was worn out, the horn assembly was trashed, and it was just plain butt-ugly!

I plan on repainting the metal dash parts and adding wood-grain inserts across the lower portion. I have also purchased a new dash cap that will go over the old, cracked one.

Looks like I will have to remove the instruments to do a decent job...I can repaint or replace the rings when I do this. The worn vinyl knee pads will have to be repainted also.

My biggest concern: some shitbird will steal the wheel...they are a vary desirable item on those crappy little rice rockets they bomb around in...you know, the ones with the huge trumpet exhaust cones that sound like a modified leaf blower?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home