Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Dave Matthews...John Mayer...Dave Matthews...

Just a quick muse on these guys...I love their music, both of them...but why do they both have to be around at the same time? Here is something to ponder....have you ever seen the both of them together? I mean, have they ever "guested" at each other's concerts? Probably not. I think they are the same person engaged in a genius marketing scheme! Back up a few days...the only music I listen to is my own iPod and iMac (via Airport Express to my stereos or via iTrip to my car radio), except for a small Smooth jazz station in the Modesto area: 105.5 The River. They not only play, well...Smooth Jazz...they play eclectic selections of Sting, Chicago, Seal, Etta James, Dave Matthews, and, yes...John Mayer. I went on iTunes Music Store tonight to download, what I thought was, Dave Matthews' version of the Police classic, "Message in a Bottle". First of all, "no results" came back from my Dave Matthews search. Hmmmm! OK...maybe there is some sort of record company or artist politics here, "I ain't lettin' my music on that piece of crap download whore..." (I still haven't figured that one out) Then, I searched "John Mayer"...and low and behold, there was the song: "Message in a Bottle". So...I did pay my $.99 for John Mayers' version...so now, is there a Dave Matthews' version? And if there is, can you tell the difference? They are both great, if indeed there is a "both"...but c'mon, why at the same point in time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home