Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Wanna-Be or Aspire-To-Be?

Which one am I. Which one are you? I once read that when a person becomes truly self-actualized, he or she is finally where they "should" be, ie, doing exactly what they were meant to do. The example that comes to mind? Albert Einstein. Did you know that he wasn't particularly good in school, especially in Math? But that quantum physics thing! Like a good chess player, he could think ahead hundreds of moves and possibilities. He was most simply and accurately...a thinker. That is what Einstein was destined to do...think about and describe the Theory of Relativity. Getting back to the heading of this post, Wanna-Be or Aspire-To-Be? I would like to think that if one is doing anything on a daily basis that moves them toward their goals, then they are an Aspire-To-Be. For instance, (for an aspiring writer) if you are reading this because you have your own site that allows you to write something and read something of interest daily...then you are on your way. If you are still only thinking about it...well, you are the other one. And not that there is anything wrong with being a Wanna-Be. That was me for 35+ years (I'm being easy on myself and not counting childhood or pre-teen years!). It may take more time than you are comfortable with, but being on the road to "Self-Actualization" is a whole lot better than being on the road to "Nowhere". What are you going to do today?

1 Comments:

Blogger daphne said...

Way too deep for me today. ;) I think I'm the ass-piring to be.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home