Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Friday, January 21, 2005

A Dog's Life


Sammy
Originally uploaded by Jack Diddley.
My Greyhound, Sammy, and I are still getting to know each other. He ceases to amaze me every day. We rescued/adopted him last June. He is a 70 pound bundle of athletic dog muscle who prefers doing exactly what you see in the picture...I am very envious of his current lifestyle. Formerly a 29-race racing Greyhound from two southwestern tracks, he, at just over 3 years old, is officially a "retired racer". Greyhound owners call their adoptees "45 mile per hour couch potatoes"...Sammy is no exception. When we find a well-secured, enclosed area and let him run...he is faster than shit! It is an amazing sight to see. But alas, as most older males can relate to, he is only good for about 3 minutes, then he wants to go to sleep!

If you are interested in taking on a similar challenge, check out this link.

3 Comments:

Blogger Burninghair said...

That is an awesome picture!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

Great picture?

Will you post more of the Sammy?

I hope.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Oh I love Sammy!!!! You should drop by and see the new picture of Kelso I have up. And join Dogster!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home