Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

It is gloomy out there...but I rode.


Road King 1
Originally uploaded by Jack Diddley.




I just got back from a ride through the countrside around my home.

Central California abounds with every type of farmland, dairyland, and almond-grove land there is. It is an agricultural wonderland.

For those of us who live here and do not work in that industry, we sometimes see it in a different perspective.

This is the almond capital of the world. The groves this time of year sit...dormant...leafless...waiting.

The gray skies offer some contrast to the bare limbs. But the gray skies also offer some of the most haunting diffused light there is.

I will post some other photos of the groves. But here is my ride, a 2000 Harley Road King...the bare almond trees reflected off of the tank.

This photo was taken using a Sony, DSC F828 8.0 mega pixel camera. I just let the Auto function do its thing on this one. After I downloaded it, I converted it to B&W and added some contrast. Funny...it is so gray out there that the B&W conversion did not offer a much different image than the original color one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home