Hey...WossaMottaU?

Some blather on the good...the bad...and the foo king ugg lee...FWIW.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thanks Modesto P.D...at least one of you should be ashamed of yourself!

If you are one of those do-gooder, George W loving, ass-kissing conservatives who thinks that government and all law enforcement types can do no wrong...don't read this! Or, if you are one those aforementioned individuals and you read it anyway...you can kiss my ass.

Fact: I may be apolitical now (if there is such a thing). But I was raised in a Democrat-like family in the 50s and 60s. I would not now consider myself a Democrat or a Republican, but I do view myself as somewhat of a liberal. I was not a hippy in the 60s, though if I could go back in time...I would move to Haight-Ashbury and do that whole time period over - hang out with women who don't shave under their arms, smoke pot every day, and play my guitar on the street...different than what I actually did back then. Well, two out of three was the reality for a while (all my girlfriends shaved under their arms). I hated cops in those days as much as I hated all authority figures. Afterall, it was the Woodstock generation. I ended up in the service and did my best to do the right thing - all along totally disagreeing with that Vietnam fiasco (where I ended up spending some of my Navy tour).

Today, I would like to thank the Modesto police officer who saw fit to write us a ticket for an expired registration while the car was parked in the mall parking lot (where Loretta works). This little stocking stuffer will cost us $99. The DMV renewal on the Jeep will be paid today ($258). And so our city, our country, and the world will now be safer from tyranny, crime, and terrorism. That little flourescent sticker will be proudly displayed on our back license plate...and we will all be able to sleep better at night due to the diligence of one time-wasting dumbass public servant.

In the meantime...I wonder how many shitstain small-time criminals were breaking into other cars in the Gottschalks parking lot while our officer was writing our ticket? I wonder how many other non-tax-paying skidmark drivers were perusing the parking lot devoid of a license, registration, insurance, or legal documents for residing in the U.S.

No, I am not exempt from obeying the law, ie, keeping my registration up to date. I screwed up! But is this utilization of time by law enforcement prudent, especially this time of year? Would it not be better time management to prioritize patrol time? Or at least wait until after the holidays to write an expired registration ticket on a near-new, clean, Jeep Grand Cherokee? I am quite sure there were many fine examples of vehicles in that parking lot that looked like the rental car in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...after the fire! Do they harass the owners of those pieces of shit? Hell, if the cops looked in the trunks of some of those cars in this town, they might find several dead bodies of missing people...or at least several dozen illegal aliens.

If the cops in this town actually did their job the entire time they were "clocked in", they might even solve a crime or two! What a concept! But writing frigging expired registration tickets in a mall parking lot at Xmas time is just plain unadulterated bullshit.

Bah...humbug!

I totally support our law enforcement community. I am glad they are there. I am a law-abiding citizen who doesn't speed, has never had a moving violation, always uses his turn signals, and never runs red lights. Where are you guys when jackassess are running red lights at every intersection...at every turn of the lights? Where are you clowns when this deadly practice is happening...a bad habit that could easily cause loss of life? I know where you are? You are patroling the mall parking lot and writing registration tickets. You are sitting somewhere on your cell phone talking to your girlfriend (the one your wife doesn't know about). You're eating donuts!

I'm not completely convinced that we need more officers on the street. I am convinced that they ones we do have need to be managed better. They need to be in the right places, doing the right things...the important things. And the main thing is protecting and serving...emphasize protecting.

If it was one of those Community Service non-police officers who wrote our ticket...shame on you as well. You people are worthless as tits on a bull anyway. If we are going to be paying someone to patrol around in an expensive car with a radio, let's pay them more, train them to be a real cop, give them a gun, and the authority to catch bad guys!

Away to the window I flew like a flash...tore open the window, and threw up on the sash.

We don't have a sash on our windows. But I do feel like throwing up right about now. I'll try to make it to the bathroom.

Modesto P.D....I truly hope you stay safe this holiday season. But at least one of you should be ashamed of yourself!

And to all...a good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Deer liberal ,

Iam that GW loving conservative that you so despise. However I understand your complaint and agree to a certain extent with in regards to your dilemma. I will say this. The MPD is not at fault. I know you wont like this but take a look at who has run CA into the ground for decades and the Republicrats are no different. You and I both have common ground even though we more than likely disagree on many things. This one thing is that registration fees are confiscatory and hurt you and I and everyone else all in the name of supplying the bureaucratic machine. Next time you vote for the state legislature do not vote for party but rather who will reduce govt expenditures on all fronts and cut taxes. After all this is just another way in which the libs want total control as well as the Republicrats.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home